Why use Which? Trusted Traders? We’ve been rigorously testing products and services for over 50 years - now we’re doing the same for traders. Just like the Which? Best Buy award, our Which? Trusted trader icon highlights the best traders out there.
How we assess our traders
Which? Trusted Traders is an endorsement scheme that recognises reputable traders who successfully pass our rigorous assessment process. Not just anyone can become endorsed. The assessment process involves:
- Credit check: A preliminary credit check to validate the financial health and stability of a sole trader / business.
- References: Customer reference checks, chosen at random by a member of the Which? Trusted Traders endorsement team to ensure a breadth of consumers are consulted.
- Business procedures: A thorough examination of business and administrative procedures.
- Interview and assessment: They are visited in person by a Which? Trusted Traders assessor and interviewed.
- Code of Conduct: The sole trader/business signing up to the scheme agrees to abide by the code of conduct and our terms and conditions.
- Endorsed trader: The trader can now tell their customers that they have passed our assessment process and are an endorsed Which? Trusted trader.
Who makes the grade?
We’re not afraid to fail those who do not make the grade. Due to the high demands of the assessment, not all businesses that apply get through the assesment process. Only those who meet our high standards are credited with Which? Trusted trader status.
If things go wrong
An extra benefit of using Which? Trusted Traders is that we have Ombudsman Services on hand to offer extra peace of mind. Ombudsman Services provides independent dispute resolution to all Which? Trusted trader customers.
You can find Which? Trusted traders on the website, by searching for the specific trade you want e.g. plumbers, builders or mechanics and your local area.